Project / Support for Individual Liberties
ADLi is recruiting a consultant-researcher:
conduct a study on: The processes of decriminalization of homosexuality
Created in 2011, the Tunisian Association for the Defense of Individual Liberties, (www.adlitn.org) is an association specializing in the defense of individual freedoms, through its extensive research, studies on religious freedoms, the body, sexual rights, the rights of minorities and discriminated against, sex change, the rights of people living with HIV / AIDS and its weekly press review ...
The mission of the ADLi is to carry out studies relating to individual freedoms which allow human rights defenders to have a solid intellectual base for the preparation of the various arguments in order to lead the pleas in the matter;
The ADLI also works to draw attention to the situation of individual freedoms through the weekly monitoring of the Tunisian media and participates (with all its partners of the Civil Collective for Individual Liberties) in all campaigns and activities for the defense of individual freedoms;
In this context, ADLI, in partnership withASF and DAMJ, is about to start a 2-year project with the overall objective of contributing to the fight against all forms of violence and discrimination suffered by sexual minorities in Tunisia.
The project will focus on three specific interrelated objectives: 1) facilitate access to legal aid services tailored to the needs of target groups; 2) strengthen the capacities of civil society organizations to jointly advocate for individual freedoms; 3) influence public policies through a mainstream campaign and through advocacy.
To ensure the implementation of this project, in its advocacy component, ADLi is looking for a consultant researcher to conduct a study on: " The process of decriminalizing homosexuality ».
The consultant will conduct a study on: " The processes of decriminalization of homosexuality ", He / she will work under the supervision of the ADLI office and in particular the studies and research officer.
The consultant is responsible for:
- Operational responsibility:
- He / she is carrying out a study on: " The processes of decriminalization of homosexuality »;
- He / she determines the compared examples of decriminalization of homosexuality ;
- He / she determines the axes of advocacy of decriminalization of homosexuality in Tunisia ;
- He / she leads and coordinates meetings and workshops on the presentation of the study;
- Strategic responsibility:
- He / she is responsible for developing a vision on decriminalization in Tunisia;
- He / she leads and coordinates the advocacy actions undertaken with all the actors of civil society to initiate a process of decriminalization in Tunisia;
Terms & Conditions
- 30-day fixed-term consultancy contract
- Remuneration according to experience and ADLI remuneration grid
- Payment in two installments,
- Bac + 5 - University degrees / Masters in law or social sciences or equivalent;
- Experience in research and studies (3 to 5 years);
- Experience in the field of human rights;
- Excellent ability to research and analyze the political, economic, social context and stakeholder strategies;
- Knowledge of Tunisian civil society;
- Excellent command of Arabic, French and English;
- Proficiency in IT tools, in particular common software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point etc.);
- Team spirit ;
- Rigor, flexibility, perseverance and sense of diplomacy;
- Communication skills (oral and written);
- Available to travel in Greater Tunis and in the regions covered by the project.
To apply, interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and a methodological note no later than December 31, 2018 by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org NB: put in the subject line of the email: ADLI-dépénalisation